In the first few months of 2016, the International Terminal at Calgary International Airport (YYC) has continued to reach important milestones heading toward the facility’s opening. Focus is now on tenant fit-out, testing and commissioning activities. Let’s take a fresh look inside the new terminal!
Some of the most recent milestones on the International Terminal include:
- Twenty out of 25 passenger boarding bridges have now been installed
- Testing of elevators, escalators and moving walkways is ongoing
- The new baggage handling system is fully installed and currently undergoing testing
- All 20 self-bag drop units have now been installed
- Over 10.2 million hours have been worked by construction crews to date
To move passengers efficiently between the International Terminal and the existing facility, YYC has constructed the Connections Corridor, which provides several modes of transport for connecting passengers including YYC LINK, our electric transit system.
Recent Connections Corridor milestones include:
- YYC LINK Stations at Concourse C, D and E are now complete
- The fleet of 20 YYC LINK vehicles are under fabrication
- The Connections Corridor from Concourse C into the International Terminal is complete
Stay tuned here to Waypoints to stay informed on developments in the International Terminal leading up to opening day.