The Calgary Airport Authority will be hosting its celebration on Canada’s longest runway in just over a week. To ensure a great experience for all registered guests to the Roam event on June 15, the Authority would like to take this opportunity to provide some key information that will be needed for the day.
- Do not forget your ticket. Only registered ticket holders will be permitted to access the event. Unfortunately, there is not onsite registration.
- Please consider carpooling. Not only is it good for the environment, but there is limited event parking. Guests will not be permitted to walk or drive to the runway site; all attendees must park in the designated parking lot.
- All attendees may be subject to security screening before loading the bus to the runway. This event is being hosted on an active international airport airfield and security is an important step!
- Please arrive within your allotted time slot. The Authority is excited to welcome over 10,000 people to its celebration and wants to ensure security and transportation processes are easy for all our guests.
- Non-permitted items: Bikes, skateboards, rollerblades, roller skates and any other recreational equipment will not be allowed on the runway.
This once-in-a-lifetime chance to roam the runway will also feature a number of vintage and commercial airplanes, as well as specialty items from YYC Food Trucks.
About The Calgary Airport Authority
The Calgary Airport Authority is a not-for-profit organization incorporated under the Regional Airports Authorities Act of Alberta. The Calgary Airport Authority is responsible for the management, operation and development of Calgary International (YYC) and Springbank (YBW) Airports. YYC is an important economic engine for the city, region and province, generating over $6 billion per annum in economic activity.