Did You Know & Links
Did You Know...
- The population of the City of Calgary, according to the 2013 civic census is 1,149,552.
- The average summer temperature is 22.7°C (72.86°F).
- The average winter temperature is -8.9°C (15.98°F).
- The City of Calgary elevation is 1139 m (3736’).
- The Calgary International Airport (YYC) terminal building is located 17 km (10.6 miles) from downtown Calgary.
- YYC is Canada’s fastest growing airport, moving 14.3 million passengers in 2013.
- The total land area of YYC is 20.82 Square Kilometers.
- Agricultural land is 12.26 Square Kilometers.
- Asphalt Roads/Parking make up 0.49 Square Kilometers.
- Airfield taxiway, runway, apron area are currently 1.76 Square Kilometers.
- Air Terminal Building Gross Floor Area is 141,648 Square Meters total.
- Existing Runway 16-34 is 3863 m (12,675’) long. Runway 10-28 is 2348 m (8,000’) in length.
- Runway 07-25 is 1890 m (6,200’) long.
- The new runway will be called 16L-34R and will be 4,270 m (14,000’) in length and 60 m (200') wide, which will be the longest runway in Canada.
Back to Project Registry & Environmental Assessment