How to become a White Hat Volunteer
How to Become a White Hat Volunteer
The Calgary Airport community is very proud of the White Hat Volunteer team. They are the friendly face at your airport! They are ambassadors for YYC, Calgary, Alberta and Canada, providing a warm western welcome and an exceptional airport experience to millions of visitors from around the world each year. In 2013, our team of over 350 volunteers contributed more than 65,000 hours! We are always excited to welcome new faces to our team. If you like people, enjoy a fast-paced environment and want to be part of an elite, world-renowned team of volunteers, this may be the opportunity for you!
To be a successful candidate:
- You like to have fun
- You are friendly, positive and enjoy helping people
- You are a great communicator. Fluent in English (Additional languages are an asset)
- You are a team player, but can work independently
- You are able to contribute a minimum of four (4) hours per week. (Volunteers are assigned to a specific four hour shift). A minimum of 150 airport hours per year from anniversary date is required to maintain status as an active volunteer.
- You are eligible for security clearance
- You adhere to the Uniform Policy
- You like continuous learning
If this sounds like you, please complete and submit the White Hat Volunteer Application Form. Once we receive your application, we will send you an invitation to the next information session.
Should you have any questions or require additional information, please contact our office:
403 717 3452