Customs and Immigration
After arriving at YYC, you will be need to process through Canada Customs before being granted entry into Canada. Follow the steps outlined below to make this process as seamless and simple as possible:
1. Please enter the correct queue according to your final destination:
- If Calgary is your final destination, please follow the signs for “Calgary”.
- If you are connecting to another destination, please follow signs for “Connections”.
2. Proceed to the first check point (“Primary Inspection”).
- YYC offers Automated Border Clearance kiosks to help travellers expedite their entry into Canada and assist the Canada Border Service Agency (CBSA) officers in verifying your customs and travel documentation more efficiently.
If you require assistance at any point during this process, please see one of our friendly Customer Care Ambassadors stationed throughout the Canada Customs area.
3. After passing the CBSA customs inspection, follow the signs to the baggage carousels.
For more information on Canada Customs, please visit: http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/travel-voyage/aba-apa-eng.html
For more information on applying for a visitor visa to Canada, please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/visit/apply-how.asp
For more information on applying to immigrate to Canada, please visit http://www.cic.gc.ca/english/immigrate/index.asp
For more information on applying for a NEXUS Pass, please visit http://www.cbsa-asfc.gc.ca/prog/nexus/menu-eng.html
Entering the United States
Before departing to a U.S. destination, you will be required to go through U.S. Customs before being granted entry. Follow the steps outlined below to make this process as seamless and simple as possible:
1. Proceed to the security checkpoint and show your boarding pass and passport to security officers.
2. After clearing security, proceed to the U.S. Customs area.
- YYC offers Automated Passport Control kiosks that expedite the entry process.
If you require assistance at any point during this process, please see one of our friendly Customer Care Ambassadors stationed throughout the U.S. Customs area.
3. Once you have cleared U.S. customs, proceed to Concourse E, Departures Hall, where you can relax, shop or dine before your flight.
For more information on U.S. Customs, please visit https://www.cbp.gov/