Vision & Mandate
Vision (aka North Star)
statement, or North Star as we call it, will help guide all
of our decision making:
We create effortless and memorable airport experiences that reflect Calgary's legendary hospitality and our region's natural beauty.
Our mandate is defined by the governing legislation of the Regional Airports Authorities Act of Alberta. Our mandate defines who we are and describes why we exist. We will:
- Manage and operate the airports for which we are responsible in a safe, secure and efficient manner
- Advance economic and community development by means that include promoting and encouraging improved airline and transportation service and an expanded aviation industry
For the general benefit of the public in our region.
Our Strategic Planks and Focus Areas
In order to deliver on our ambitious North Star, we need to set strategic objectives that support our vision for the future.
We have identified four key strategic planks that we will focus on in order to be successful and so that we can deliver on our promise to provide elevated experiences to our guests.
1. Develop Our People
- Cultivate employee engagement and culture
- Create a learning organization with the right skills and capabilities
- Built our talent pipeline
- Enable the future of work
2. Deliver a Remarkable Customer Experience
- Put the customer at the heart of every decision
- Create a seamless customer experience
- Measure success in exceeding expectations
3. Drive Value to Airline Partners
- Make it easy for airlines to operate here
- Improve financial flexibility, strength and competitiveness
- Drive exceptional airline/client relationships
4. Diversify and Grow Our Revenue Streams
- Maximize existing revenue streams
- Seek new revenue opportunities
At YYC, we are committed to a customer-focused environment, aiming to create a positive experience for our guests and partners; we are creative, ensuring that our approach is proactive and innovative; collaborative, welcoming all ideas at the table; we are accountable, taking ownership for our actions; and passionate, bringing our dedication and energy to all of our work.
We have three key enablers at YYC, which are our foundational operating principles. These foundational elements are a priority for any major airport, and must be done well before branching out into additional strategies.
Safety – Working with our airline partners, agencies and emergency responders, the safety of our guests and employees is a top priority.
Security – Ensuring the security of everyone who interacts with YYC is of the utmost importance.
Enterprise Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) – Establishing measurement within our organization is a critical enabler of successful operations. At YYC, we have a robust set of enterprise-wide KPIs to measure our performance.
Environment – Taking a responsible approach to the environment is paramount.
For more details on strategy visit the 2017 Annual Report here.