How to become a White Hat Volunteer
How to Become a White Hat Volunteer
Welcome to YYC – home of the world-renowned White Hat Volunteers! They are the friendly face at your airport, ambassadors for YYC, Calgary, Alberta and Canada, providing a warm western welcome and an exceptional airport experience to millions of visitors from around the world each year.
Would you be interested in volunteering? Read on!
The White Hat Volunteers of YYC are a diverse community of roughly 440 volunteers who have been working together since 1991, assisting millions of passengers each year from all over the world. In 2015, our volunteers contributed more than 93,000 hours; bringing the program even closer to its million-hour mark, expected to occur in early 2017.
Assigned a four-hour shift once per week, our White Hat Volunteers are united by a single objective: to assist passengers and visitors at YYC. The White Hat Volunteer team is constantly growing and welcoming new members. If you are passionate about helping people in a positive and supportive volunteer environment; this is where you belong! Successful volunteer candidates embody the following characteristics:
To be a successful candidate:
- You like to have fun
- You are friendly, positive and enjoy helping people
- You are a great communicator in English (additional languages are an asset)
- You are a team player, but can work independently
- You are able to meet the minimum requirement of 150 hours per year
- You are eligible for a security clearance
- You adhere to the Uniform Policy
- You enjoy continuous learning
- You enjoy being active and are capable of spending four hours mobile through the terminal helping passengers and visitors
If this sounds like you, please complete and submit the White Hat Volunteer Application Form.
Should you have any questions or require additional information, please contact our office:
403 717 3452