Measures in Place
Enhanced measures are in place to keep staff and guests safe at the airport.
We are proud that YYC Calgary International Airport received the Airports Council International
Airport Health Accreditation.
- A mandatory requirement for all staff, passengers and essential visitors to wear a mask/face covering while in any public area of the Domestic or International Terminals at YYC. This is inline with Transport Canada's requirement and the City of Calgary's bylaw. Read about non-medical masks and face coverings.
- All guests travelling and employees going post-security will need to have their temperature checked. Click links for more information from Transport Canada and Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA).
- All guests arriving internationally must submit their
COVID-19 quarantine plans and contact info to the Government of Canada’s
ArriveCAN app or website up to 48 hours
- Physical distancing floor and seat decals, signage and announcements to reinforce people stay two metres apart when possible, and numerous plexiglass barriers throughout the terminal.
- Additional cleaning for high-touch areas such as kiosks, check-in/boarding gates, handrails, seating, washrooms, baggage carts, escalators and moving sidewalks.
- Staff, guests and visitors should only enter the building if it is required to do so, for travel or imminent work (see exceptions below). For passenger pick-up or drop off, it is recommended visitors don’t enter the airport and are encouraged to use our cellphone lot and curbside pick-up options.
- More hand-sanitizer stations in high traffic locations.
- YYC Calgary International Airport received the Airports Council International (ACI) Airport Health Accreditation. This accreditation reinforces the high standards of our #FlyHealthyYYC program where we prioritize health and safety above all else and give guests and employees increased confidence to feel safe while travelling and moving through our airport.
- Here are examples of how we’re keeping YYC safe for our guests and our airline staff.
We’re working closely with our partners at Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), Alberta Health Services (AHS) and Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).
Exceptions for those not travelling who may still enter the terminal building include:
- A friend or family member of a traveller who requires mobility assistance.
- Someone who is accompanying a minor who is travelling alone.
- Anyone staying or visiting the Calgary Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel.