Measures in Place
Enhanced measures are in place to keep staff and guests safe at the airport.
- A mandatory requirement for all staff, passengers and essential visitors to wear a mask/face covering while in any public area of the Domestic or International Terminals at YYC. This is inline with Transport Canada's requirement and the City of Calgary's bylaw. Read about non-medical masks and face coverings.
- All guests travelling and employees going post-security will need to have their temperature checked. Click links for more information from Transport Canada and Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA).
- Physical distancing floor and seat decals, signage and announcements to reinforce people stay two metres apart when possible, and numerous plexiglass barriers throughout the terminal.
- Additional cleaning for high-touch areas such as kiosks, check-in/boarding gates, handrails, seating, washrooms, baggage carts, escalators and moving sidewalks.
- Staff, guests and visitors should only enter the building if it is required to do so, for travel or imminent work. For passenger pick-up or drop off, it is recommended visitors don’t enter the airport and are encouraged to use our cellphone lot and curbside pick-up options.
- More hand-sanitizer stations in high traffic locations.
- Here are examples of how we’re keeping YYC safe for our guests and our airline staff.
We’re working closely with our partners at Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), Alberta Health Services (AHS) and Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).
Face masks and terminal access exceptions: