Public Area Media Access Policy
Due to COVID-19 terminal access restrictions, all media must contact The Calgary Airport Authority through email at email@example.com to request permission to be on-site prior to visiting the airport.
If email is not available, call (403) 735-5899.
If possible, access requests should be submitted between 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. for evening, overnight and morning access.
- Media who receive permission to be on-site must be prepared to provide proof of vaccination or valid exemption upon request.
- Media on-site are expected to wear masks at all time, and physically distance from others, especially guests who are required to quarantine.
- Media on-site are expected to follow direction from airport staff focused on maintaining safe and effective operations at our airport.
- If there are multiple media outlets
requesting access at the same time, scheduled access windows may be put in
- Media activity must not impede airline queuing areas or people moving about on the property.
- Care should be taken to tape down any cables that may present a tripping or other hazard.
- Media are asked not to video security screening or COVID-19 testing areas.
Restricted Area Media Access Policy
Access to restricted areas at Calgary International Airport or Springbank Airport is subject to Transport Canada security measures and approval. Media access to restricted areas may be possible for specific pre-arranged events, such as inaugural flights or other media events, however media accreditation and escort arrangements for such pre-arranged events are required.
Filming or still photography of people or objects undergoing Pre-Board Security screening is not permitted.
Media arriving at Calgary International Airport are required to park in designated media parking areas:
1. Domestic Terminal
There is some parking space for media vehicles clearly marked at the extreme north end of the Departures level roadway. There is limited media parking on the curb. Please be advised that vehicles parked outside the designated area are subject to being towed.
2. International Terminal
There is some space for media vehicles clearly marked on the Departures Level roadway, adjacent to Door 12 in the terminal building. There is limited space on the curb, and vehicles parked outside the designated area are subject to being towed.
In the event the primary media parking spaces are unavailable or full, media may park in the overflow location. This is located in the commercial over-height/shuttle wait lot, located on the Arrivals Level, east of the domestic terminal. Access to this lot is by turning left immediately after the short-term parking exit, and before entering the ramp up to the Departures Level.
For all parking locations, if your vehicle does not have corporate markings, please ensure suitable identification is displayed on the dash and is clearly visible to our Curb Patrol Officers.
Media wishing to park at Springbank Airport should contact the General Manager
prior to arrival to discuss parking arrangements.
Live Transmission Vehicles
Special parking arrangement requests for line-of-sight live transmission vehicles or equipment should be made by contacting The Calgary Airport Authority media contact at 403 735 5899 media[at]yyc.com