Always Innovating: Contactless Domestic Bag Tag Printing
We’re excited to welcome contactless bag tag printing at domestic check-in for WestJet and Air Canada as part of #FlyHealthyYYC.
Check-in before you come to airport and pay any applicable airline baggage fees and collect your bag tags without contact in an easy two-step process:
- Scan your boarding pass at the kiosk.
- Kiosk will print your bag tags without touching the screen.
Then you’re on your way in less than 20 seconds to drop your bag off at the self-bag drop. Less time to check-in; keeping you and others safe and healthy.
Our commitment to safety remains our top priority. As travellers return to YYC we want them to trust that we remain focused on delivering a safe and healthy airport to work at, to begin their journey or to welcome them home.
As part of #FlyHealthyYYC, several enhanced measures are in place to keep staff and guests safe at the airport, including:
- A mandatory requirement for all staff, passengers and essential visitors to wear a mask/face covering while in any public area of the Domestic or International Terminals at YYC.
- Starting July 30 at 10 a.m., all guests travelling and employees going post security will need to have their temperature checked. Click links for more information from Transport Canada and Canadian Air Transport Security Authority (CATSA).
- Physical distancing decals and signage to reinforce people stay two metres apart if possible.
- Additional cleaning for high-touch areas such as kiosks, check-in/boarding gates, handrails, seating, washrooms, baggage carts, escalators and moving sidewalks.
- More hand sanitizer stations in high traffic locations.
We’re working closely with our partners at Public Health Agency of Canada (PHAC), Alberta Health Services (AHS) and Canada Border Services Agency (CBSA).
Exceptions for wearing face masks or coverings include:
- children under the age of two,
- if the person is unable to remove a face covering without assistance,
- if the person has trouble breathing or
- if a person is eating or drinking.
The airport is reminding staff, guests and visitors to only enter the building IF it is required to do so, for travel or imminent work. For passenger pick-up or drop off, it is recommended visitors don’t enter the airport and are encouraged to use our cellphone lot and curbside pick-up options.
Exceptions for those not travelling who may still enter the terminal building include:
- a friend or family member of a traveller who requires mobility assistance,
- someone who is accompanying a minor who is travelling alone or
- anyone staying or visiting the Calgary Airport Marriott In-Terminal Hotel.
For a seamless, mostly contactless airport experience, travellers are encouraged to:
• Check-in for your flight before coming to the airport, to limit touchpoints.
• Come to the airport at least two hours before your flight to prevent crowding at check-in or security.
• Bring a mask or face covering with you. If you can’t, masks are available for sale at:
- 7-Eleven store (Concourse C - Arrivals) pre-security;
- Hudson, Relay, Rundle Essentials post-security.
Quantities may be limited.
- Government of Canada information available here: www.canada.ca/coronavirus (look for information under the Travel and immigration, and Safety and security sections).
- Alberta travel advice available here: www.alberta.ca.
Terminal Changes at YYC
Due to significantly reduced passenger volumes, YYC Calgary International Airport have adjusted our operations to maintain the safety and security of the airport.