The Calgary Airport Authority takes its environmental stewardship responsibilities seriously. As Canada’s first GoGreen airport, we are committed to protecting the environment and to implementing leading edge initiatives and technologies.
To this end, we will:
- Ensure, as a minimum, that all practices conform to relevant federal, provincial and municipal laws.
- Promote environmental awareness among Authority employees and all airport service providers.
- Provide appropriate environmental training for Authority staff.
- Maintain active communication regarding environmental issues.
- Subject all new airport construction projects to an environmental review process.
- Maintain plans and procedures to deal with environmental emergencies and take immediate corrective action in the event of an incident.
- Promote sustainability in the application of our Environmental Policy through continuous improvement. Read our 2020 environmental policy.
- Conduct regular audits and reviews to assess the environmental condition of the Airports and facilitate preventative and corrective measures.
- Be a leader of sound environmental management for airports.
Showcasing our commitment to being an environmental leader, locally and nationally, we have developed the following comprehensive initiatives under our Environmental Management System:
- An Environmental Assessment Program
- A Noise Management Program
- A Water Quality Program
- A Hazardous Materials Program
- A Wildlife Management Program
- An Air Quality Management Program
- A Waste Management Program